Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Night Dinner

Boy, oh boy, was dinner ever good tonight!!

This is what I had T-U-N-A!!!
There is nothing better than Tuna.
I loves me my Tuna.
Nom-nom-nom-nom! I am the happiest kitty ever.

This is what mine mombean had.
Super yummy Chicken Thighs Braised in White Wine from Millie's Mom's Cooks With Love site. It has her favorite things, Chicken, Wine, Lemon & Garlic.

She was making all these happy sounds while she was eating. The recipe calls for 2 chicken thighs per serving, but that is too much food for mine mombean coz she likes to fill up on veggies. So, on the left is just 1 with a spoonful of the yummy sauce over it. She didn't have any flat leaf parsley, but it was just great. Next time she makes it -- and there will be a next time, and soon -- she'll remember to pick up some parsley.

Oh, the side dishes ... There is brown rice & lentils at the (top of the plate). This a mombean specialty. Its 2 parts brown rice and 1 part lentils. Cook just as you would any rice, that is twice as much water (or stock) as dry. So, 1 cup of rice and lentils cooks with 2 cups liquid. Yummy.
And then there is the steamed broccoli. I know this is the part that will make my good pal Roxy jealous!

So now with full and happy tummies we are gonna go watch a movie.
Thanks you, thank you Millie's Mom for sharing such a great recipe.

16 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Aaaaah, food is good. After mom makes a nice dinner daddy always says "food good" like a caveman. He's kinda silly, but it is true.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sounds like everyone had a good dinner! :) Our mom says thanks to your mom for the brown rice and lentils idea! She'll have to try that out. :)

Jazz said...

Mmmmm yum!! looks great! :o)

Fat Eric said...

Looks yummy! My mum says she'll have to try the chicken recipe.

We were running low on cat food last night so I got given a can of tuna in spring water, I haven't had tuna in ages so it was nice. But don't worry I sent the humans out to buy cat food first thing this morning!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Mmmm looks lishus. Mum likes chicken thighs furr cooking better than chicken breasts. She sez they haf more flaver and better texcher what efurr that means.

Stephanie H. said...

Yummy, that looks so good! We hope you enjoyed it.

Our mombean says that broccoli looks delicious. Unfortunately, the dadbean doesn't like broccoli so she doesn't get to have it too much.

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

Sorry Beezer, the mom bean signed us in under the wrong account. The comment from "Stephanie" is really from us!

Artsy Catsy said...

Beezer, it's so cool that your dinner plate matches your Purrfectly Fish entree! My mom is going right over to get Millie's Mom's recipe.

Rocky

The Devil Dog said...

BROCCOLI!!!!!!!! Oh, sigh, broccoli oh broccoli, how I love my broccoli. Let me count the ways. Raw, cooked, peeled, unpeeled, sitting down, standing up, lying down....

Roxy

Mickey's Musings said...

So,that means it was a happy household!!!!!! Main thing is you were happy :) Heehee,YUM!
Purrs Mickey

Sunny's Mommy said...

Looks yummy! You both had an excellent dinner :-)

Halloween said...

Hi Beezer! That tuna looks good! Sutter Street isn't that far away... But it is rainy!!!

Many paws,
Halloween

The Devil Dog said...

Thanks for saving me some broccoli. Mom cooked some last night and I got a bunch. YUM.

Roxy

Kaz's Cats said...

Beezer, that looks like a great dinner for both you and your mom. Our mum says that she is going to have a look at Millie's Mom's cooking blog and have some chicken here next weekend.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Yumyumyum...my mouth is waterin...MOM when can we eat? What yu say you just fed us? OH...

Beez I think I'm in trouble..I gotta wait until dinner.

Purrs
Your buddy
Ping

Parker said...

Great minds think alike Beezer. Tuna is sooooooo delish!